csci 10 :: biographical essay final version (due thurs, dec 11)
Your final version will be evaluated by the instructor.
Write a 750-1000 word biographical essay on the subject you have selected and
that has been approved by the instructor.
This is a formal essay and should be formatted as follows:
- typed, not hand-written
- margins between .5" and 1"
- font size 10pt or 12pt
- plain font type such as Arial or Times New Roman
- your name at the top of every page
- printed in hard-copy and all pages stapled together
You must use a minimum of three (3) sources of information about your subject. You
must use the citation style
provided online here
by the Butte College Library.
The content of your essay must include:
- an introductory paragraph including a statement of your thesis
all of the basic information about your subject's life that you can
locate -- birth, death, career, family, friends, education, etc.
major events in your subject's life
major events that occurred during your subject's life and that either influenced
your subject or that your subject participated in
a discussion of how your subject reflected the times in which they lived
- a closing paragraph summarizing the key points of your essay
If you need help with writing, formatting, conducting research, citation style, etc., please
sign up for a CAS workshop:
Total points for the final version: