csci 10 :: programming challenge 1 (due wed, aug 24)
Format your documentation and HLA source code using hla_starter.txt
as a style guide.
Write, compile, and execute a complete HLA program that does the following:
- [15 points] has neat and consistent documentation and source code formatting
- [15 points] declares one (1) static string variable and one (1) unsigned 8-bit variable
- [15 points] greets the user
- [15 points] prompts the user for her or his name
- [15 points] gets the user input and stores it in the string variable declared above
- [15 points] prompts the user for how many years she/he has been at Butte College
- [15 points] gets the user input and stores it in the unsigned 8-bit variable declared above
interpolate the user input into the following outputs (format your output to match these
- [15 points] Nice to meet you, YOUR_NAME.
- [15 points] You have been at Butte College for YEARS_AT_BUTTE years? Awesome!
- [15 points] free the memory associated with the string
WARNING: if your code will not compile you will get a zero (0) on the assignment.
Submitting your work:
Email your .hla file only (do NOT send the .exe) to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Total points for this challenge: