csci 10 :: programming challenge 5 (due wed, sep 21)
Your challenge:

For this challenge you will implement a simple three-wheel slot machine simulator. The user will be provided with an initial "bankroll" of $1000 (stored in an uns16 variable) and will wager $1 to $3 before each spin of the wheel. Each wheel will have three (3) possible results: @CHERRY@ (80% probability), $MONEY$ (15% probability), *STAR* (5% probability). Possible results will be as follows:

  1. if all three wheels do not match, player loses her/his wager -- subtract the wager amount from the bankroll
  2. all three wheels land on @CHERRY@ -- player wins wager amount -- add wager amount to the bankroll
  3. all three wheels land on $MONEY$ -- player wins double wager amount -- multiply the wager amount by two (2) and add the winnings to the bankroll
  4. all three wheels land on *STAR* -- player wins triple wager amount -- multiply the wager amount by three (3) and add the winnings to the bankroll

Format your documentation and HLA source code using hla_starter.txt as a style guide.

Write, compile, and execute a complete HLA program that does the following:

WARNING: if your code will not compile you will get a zero (0) on the assignment.

Submitting your work:

Email your .hla file only (do NOT send the .exe) to me at jboydt@foobt.net.

Total points for this challenge:

150 points